Sri Sri Tattva company (earlier name Sri Sri Ayurveda) is involved in manufacturing and sale of health, wellness products and Ayurveda treatments. The Ayurveda treatments are carried out via its network of Doctors-Therapists, Panchakarma centers. The Company, founded in 2003 is a privately held and is headquartered in Bangalore.
The Vision of Sri Sri Tattva comes with a goal of promoting health and wellness to every household. Over the years, the goodwill earned is a result of their attention to bringing across safe, effective, high quality and responsible products.
Sri Sri Tattva has Manufacturing facilities which is driven by technology and stringent control systems and widely growing Franchise and Retail presence, the brand has a holistic approach to health and wellness.
Their frontrunner products are Ojasvita (Health Drink), Sudanta (Herbal) Toothpaste, Cow’s Pure Ghee, Honey, their certified range of Organic Products, and ready to eat snacks are immensely popular and are part of their continued endeavor to present high quality products for wholesome and healthful living.
Sri Sri Tattva franchise stores enhance the presence of the products range across India.
The brand presents a strong commitment to social responsibility and proudly supports the Art of Living foundation’s rural and social welfare projects.
The Project was about developing their website srisritattva.com and implementing it to cater to sell and distribute the above-mentioned product and services. The aim of the online stores via website srisritattva.com and mobile application is to help digital shoppers buy products with ease and have them home delivered.
Requirements Understanding, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of the website as part of the earlier phase. In the current phase – continuous maintenance and enhancement of www.srisritattva.com online store.
- 2 on Web Applications
- 3 on Mobile Applications
The Initial basic development and implementation of website was done between Sept.2016 to March.2016. This was then improved by developing mobile applications and other feature enhancements at regular intervals; the first mobile app being released in June-2017.
- Prior to implementation of srisritattva.com it was operating under a different website name which had substantial technology limitations.
- The client Sri Sri Tattva had difficulty in managing the business over the website as it had to totally depend upon the 3rd party software vendor even for smallest of changes. On their own they could not do any configuration like for promoting it products and services as per the market situations.
- Any business changes on the earlier website took substantial time because of the 3rd party software vendor dependency leading to delays in making it available.
- The look and feel was not in line with the current market availability of websites across the similar companies in the industry which is highly competitive.
- Sri Sri Tattva was looking for cost-effective way without compromising on the quality of the solutions being provided.
- Following implementation of the srisritattva.com online store; the client could manage the business operations of this site directly on its own and with ease.
- The Plug-ins that were built by the SSI team specifically for this technology – Magento2 overcome some of its limitations enabled to integrate well with virtually all the Payment Gateway.
- It is easier now for client to manage on its own the Promotion campaigns – Advertisement, Banners, Market offers – discounts during festivals, etc.
- The Order and the Inventory management of its products is easier.
- Ease of configuration in managing its Pricing strategy of the Products. Additionally, the Invoicing and automated emails management can be done with ease.
- The Overall customer satisfaction have substantially increased with the SSI team for developing, implementing and supporting the website.
Agile Methodology –
- Agile Methodology was chosen as the availability of some of the features was to be made faster to the market.
- The market dynamics constrained also to provide the clear and all requirements including features priority upfront.
- Magento2 Community Version – An Open Source Ecommerce Platform with database as MySQL.
- Available on Native applications; The mobile app version is Available on iOS and Android.
- The online web store is responsive in nature which makes it accessible from any device – Desktop, Laptop, Mobile, Tablets etc.
- Amazon Cloud Server is used to manage own server configuration and its updates. Understanding with all stakeholders to use the necessary infra dynamically for projected transaction peaks during promotions campaigns which usually happens during festive season. This immensely benefits the client from the commercial viewpoint.
- Though Magento2 is technologically sound it has limited API calls. The team had to overcome this. Refer Critical Success Factors.
- The client had difficulty in articulating their expectations and requirements from the website. The SSI team had to use their experience in guiding the client team.
- Availability of documentation from client end posed challenge.
The Magento2 technology’s limitation of API calls was overcome by developing own plugins – white label applications. To enable to do this, the team spent extra 6 person months efforts for the same. This was very useful as the Plug-ins that were built by the SSI team specifically for this technology i.e. Magento2 overcome some of its limitations enabled to integrate well with virtually all the Payment Gateway.