ZendyHealth is an American company and website that connects patients to healthcare providers. The company is not a direct supplier of these services; instead, users set the bid price on procedures and the company matches a provider to the user based on the data provided by the consumer.
The ZendyHealth website is a bidding platform that allows patients to pick a procedure, see the average market cost, and place a bid to make an offer on what they are willing to pay. The bid is submitted, and the algorithm matches users with providers based on service and location and the discounted rates on procedures.
A Medical Advisory Board screens all potential providers, requiring that they have an average four-star rating on several healthcare rating sites, use FDA-approved products, and have performed a certain amount of procedures before adding them to its provider network. As of September 2015, out of California’s 97K health care providers, 400 were participating on Zendy’s platform. It is now venturing into other states as well.
This Project was jointly executed by SSI and one of its USA based partners.
The Project was executed for this company, to develop and implement the above narrated ZENDY HEALTH – website (https://zendyhealth.com)
The client now operates this website following its successful implementation replacing the earlier website. The revenue operation model of the client is by levying the transaction fees over the services provided at the site by matching and linking the services offered by the registered Health and Beauty service providers with the needs of the prospective service seeker.
Discovering the clear requirements, Designing, Developing and Implementing totally a new website which was now called ZENDY HEALTH. Additionally, while the ZENDY HEALTH, site was being developed, the support and maintenance of their existing website which was having huge issues but had to be continued till such time the new website was being developed and implemented.
SSI Team Represented By: Solutions, Project Management and Development team totally comprising of 7-8 members. Additionally, 2-4 members for supporting their earlier website till such time the new website was developed and implemented.
Following implementation, Client is maintaining the website.
- 18 Calendar months in the year 2014-15 for completing and implementing all the features within the scope of work.
- The client had a portal for these services. The site however had poor operational efficiency as it was not developed professionally; was malfunctioning and was having huge operating issues.
- The client was losing in generating the potential revenue because the earlier website was not serving completely the needs of the intended business purpose of the website.
- The previous vendor of their prior website to Zendy Health, had not created documentation, nor maintained configuration of the software of the developed website.
- The consulting and solutions provided for renovating was a huge transformation to the business of the client.
- The entire business model was to generate and manage business operations via this website
- The SSI team recommended the navigation path to be followed for availing the medical and beauty services. This led to Increase in the revenue of the client, as the number of hits at the newly implemented website for getting the services increased exponentially.
- The website was developed in such a way that the website could be easily supported. Following the implementation, the client is maintaining the website with their own staff with minimum resources.
- While the Zendy Health website was developed, the existing website was maintained and supported by SSI team without bringing disruption in client’s business.
Agile Methodology using Scrum Process.
- User Interface: Codeigniter, PHP, HTML, Bootstrap, JQUERY
- Database: MySQL
- Hessian Framework for Java API conversion to PHP (This was used for conversion from the existing website for one of the modules)
The Technology to be used was decided in consultation with the client
- The earlier vendor had not maintained configuration of the Source code and documentation available of their prior website. This was a huge drawback for the Project team.
- No Knowledge Transfer from the earlier vendor happened to the Zendy Health Project team which is generally expected at the start of the Project Initiation of any project. The Project team had to adopt Discovery mode mechanism to learn from the then available website and enter into video calls with the client representatives
- While the new website ZENDY HEALTH was being developed, the earlier developed website was to be maintained and supported by developing patches to keep the client business moving.
- Technology challenge of Hessian Framework for Java API conversion to PHP was new to the development team and no support was available.
- The team working on the Project was geographically distributed.
- Though the Project had a challenge of geographically distributed team; it also rose to the challenge to work in an integrated manner by having the common targeted goal.
- The Agile methodology and the scrum process chosen was in line as per the needs of the project which was to work with agility. To make this workable experienced resource were required and were staffed accordingly.
- The SSI team involved was Dedicated, Proficient in the technology chosen, Innovative in providing the Solutions, Smart & Hardworking.
- The Planning and Execution Strategy decided for the Overall Project was right which led to it success.