Amazon, Flipkart, Alibaba, eBay and many other eCommerce giants have one thing in common—they all have successfully made their business take ‘digital to the next level with mobile applications’!
eCommerce is an innovative way of doing business with controlled spending and investments in manpower, physical stores, middlemen, distribution and more. In fact, eCommerce has stirred a whirlwind of changes and revolutions in functional areas like direct sales, marketing, branding and customers services area that has driven brands to leave no stone unturned to leverage on their digital presence for increased profitability.
Recent statistical data on global eCommerce trends too reflect on the insurmountable impact that eCommerce has on global shopping trends, customers’ online behaviors, payment methods, etc. In 2017, the overall revenue from global eCommerce sales amounted to nearly 2.3 trillion USD and the figure is predicted to reach 4.5 trillion USD by the end of 2021.
In between this trend, mobile eCommerce application surfaces as the new, global shopping religion. The agility guaranteed by mobile platforms for businesses to track and measure customer engagement, reactions, responses to marketing and promotional actions, the impact of pricing strategy on conversion, brand perceptions and metrics are rather easy.
From a customer perspective, the shift from mobile-friendly websites to mobile eCommerce applications for online shopping is also proven to be much convenient and safer way to associate with the brands.
Read through the below points to completely understand how mobile eCommerce applications are necessary for transforming retail businesses:
- Mobile Applications Can Increase Brand Loyalty: Brand awareness and loyalty are common goals for eCommerce while getting their own mobile application development solutions. The mobile apps not only place products and services but also help in positioning brands in a way that the customers would be encouraged to engage in online purchases. Moreover, the applications are useful in understanding customers by serving as the ear and eye of the brands by recording metric and KPIs.
- Enhance Customer Experience: User experience is not just about building mobile responsive websites. Online shoppers demand web stores that have all the capabilities and features which guarantee a pleasant shopping experience. The problems of slow loading speed on desktop-based eCommerce sites can gravely reflect on the conversion possibilities.
- A survey showed that nearly 40 percent of the visitors leave a site if the web page takes longer than three seconds to load which means a second of delay can affect conversion drop by seven percent. Native applications help store data on users’ devices allowing for better user navigation on the apps and access to products and services data while also increasing the loading speed. A typical mobile eCommerce application has all the necessary UI/UX elements that ultimately help win over customers by enabling superior shopping experience and customer support.
- Mobile Apps Increase Conversion Possibilities: Conversion is the goal behind all marketing, branding and even mobile eCommerce application development strategies. Mobile applications minimize the loss of conversion possibilities due to cart abandonment. Typically, on desktop-based eCommerce sites, the sales would be lost in case the shoppers abandon the cart before the purchase is made and the cart information is also lost. Mobile apps are reportedly found to reduce cart abandonment by 20 percent. Besides, the integration of social media network also helps in driving organic traffic to the websites, thereby resulting in higher conversion.
- Better SEO Ranking: Mobile eCommerce development companies look at two areas for higher SEO ranking—the content quality of those apps and app indexing. App indexing includes usage of links to deep examines the applications by search engine robots. These two methods indirectly hint that in addition to a website, a mobile application can lead to better ratings on search engine platforms.
- FMobile Apps Guarantee Higher Reach and Scalability: Mobile devices and smartphone proliferation and daily average increase on mobile devices have made mobile the new platform to reach the audience from every nook and corner of the world. Moreover, the same set of mobile users are found to be vesting 10 percent of their mobile device time on eCommerce apps. The scale of reach of mobile and affinity to spend time browsing mobile applications double the chances of conversion, engagement, an increase in traffic for eCommerce stores.
- Mobile Apps are Suitable for All Kinds of eCommerce Stores: The efforts take for mobile application eCommerce development is the same for big, small and medium-sized businesses. All eCommerce mobile apps require similar functionalities like easy check-in, check-out option, message notifications, lookbooks, secure payment options, etc. The analytics and AI enabled features helps customize the apps into becoming more customer-centric and allow seamless online shopping experience.
To learn more about our custom eCommerce development solutions, visit our site today.